Pages

May 14, 2019

My First Mother’s Day

Yesterday was my first Mother’s Day, and it was such a lovely day! 

I woke up first, but once he was up, my Smoop brought me two dozen beautiful roses and breakfast (oatmeal + fresh strawberries, at my request!). He also got me an amazing gift, in the form of a PRENATAL MASSAGE, which I can’t wait to use!!



At Church, we listened to wonderful talks and to the Primary kids’ sweet musical numbers, and then Stephen and I taught our Primary class. I spent a lot of my time at church thinking about how like the Savior’s love the love of a mother is. Both have literally bled for us, to give us life, and to help us progress in God’s great plan. And even though my Chatbaby won’t be here until next month (in theory 😂), I feel so much love for him already and am willing to go through whatever it takes to get him here safely. 

After Church, we spent time with our own moms. We visited mine first and enjoyed a late lunch/early dinner and time with family. My sister took a few photos for us while we were over. 



And I was so touched that my three siblings who aren’t on missions all wished me a happy Mother’s Day, and two of them even bought me presents! I was truly touched. 

Then, we went to the Chatwin Mother’s Day festivities, where we had a delicious second dinner and got to spend time with our Chatwin family members. 



We ended the night at home, getting ready for the week together. Stephen finished putting together our nursery double rocker, and we sat in it together for the first time. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to become a mother and especially to get to do it with my Stephen. He is already the BEST dad, and Chatbaby and I are so lucky to have him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!