Today is my 28th birthday! Happy birthday to me! To celebrate, here are 28 things you might not already know about me.
1. My favorite color is pink. It was my original favorite color from my very earliest years. I went through a blue phase as a teenager, but I'm solidly back in the pink camp.
2. When I was 8 years old, I my dream was to be a scientist for NASA.
3. I had a quinceañera.
4. My right leg is (slightly) shorter than my left leg.
5. I was first introduced to politics when I was 9 by this book and by a Primary teacher (my teacher at church) who was the only woman on our City Council at the time.
6. I was also first introduced to ranch dressing when I was 9 at a Riverdale 1st Ward spaghetti dinner. (As Latinos, we loved our salads (and oh, our pepinos!) con limon y sal, of course!
7. When I was a teenager, I wanted to dip dye the ends of my hair HOT PINK! (But knowing that my dad would probably have freaked out, I never asked.) Wish I had...
8. I am not a sweets person. But I LOOOVE chocolate-chip cookies! (Well, chocolate in general. And cheesecake!)
9. I started wearing glasses EXACTLY 17 years ago today. They were my present for my 11th birthday. They were big and round and green and glorious, and I was so excited! What ever was I thinking??
10. I was born a bald baby and didn't have a significant amount of hair until after I was 2 years old!
11. My favorite pro sport to watch is NBA basketball!
12. My favorite fruit is mangos! Unfortunately, I'm allergic to them (only on my skin). But I eat them anyway. :)
13. I became a U.S. citizen the summer before I turned 16.
14. One of my biggest life's regrets is not trying out for 9th grade cheerleader at the end of 8th grade.
15. My original college major was Biomedical Engineering.
16. I have naturally curly hair. I started straightening my curls when I was in 8th grade on account of my mother. The thought of straightening my hair had never crossed my mind, but once, she cut my hair and accidentally cut it shorter than she had intended. She felt bad, so she straightened it to make it look longer. The next day at school, all my friends told me I looked like a supermodel, and I've been straightening ever since!
|My 7 (or maybe 8?)-year old curls! + Chuck E. Cheese|
17. I minored in German. (My other minor was Campaign Management.)
18. One of my biggest pet peeves is... People who don't use their blinkers when they're driving!
19. I speak Spanish fluently and learned it before I learned English. I'm also fluent in Spanglish.
20. I'm secretly sort of fond of the little curls that form at the very back of my neck.
21. Growing up, I.... * gasp * wanted to go to BYU! (That was before I wised up, of course. And for the record, I DID get into BYU. With a scholarship. and then CHOSE the U anyway. :P)
22. If there is any talent in this world I am sure I have, it's s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g. I am a great speller. :)
23. I'm allergic to earrings that aren't made of gold (yep, even sterling silver and the ones for "sensitive" ears.)
24. I started learning to play the violin 3 months shy of my 12th birthday.
25. I am NOT a morning person!
26. I'm terrible at team sports. That's why I like running. :)
27. I've been 5 feet tall since I was in 8th grade.
28. If I could go back in time and develop any skill (OK, any TWO skills.), I would be A- a skilled pianist, annnd B- a ballerina! :)