This is what I did:
- Celebrated Ali's birthday with dinner at Bethesda Row.
- Wanted to buy this nail polish but didn't (...YET!). DID buy this nail polish (Confetti, not OPI. Please, people. Do I look like I'm made of $$? Ha ha.). Wearing it now on 6 of my 10 fingernails. :)
- Had to literally pull over when I saw these GORGEOUS red trees! Fall is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE season!
- Went shopping with C-lin (So fun!). Bought too much stuff. (That's what returns are for, right? No? OK.)
**QUICK POLL: Which coat should I keep? Gray wool coat (with ribbed gray trim on the neck and sleeves but NO HOOD-sad-day!) from Express? Or black, glorified trench coat (with warm lining and a hood!) from Macy's? (PS Official product photos are from these same links.) OR, should I just buy this puffer coat from J. Crew Factory (also with a hood)?? Decisions, decisions!
- Baby-sat this little cutie (who insisted on wearing her Halloween costume all night) and her brothers.
|Yes, I did her hair. Cut me some slack, OK? All I helped raise were brothers!|
- Spent a night in the dark when the power went out due to the rainstorms.
- Served at the Temple (Loved it!).
- Went to a Halloween party, where I saw some great costumes! (Can you tell what my costume was? And no, I wasn't a pirate! There's a cookie in it for you, if you guess right!)
|This is my crazy friend Chris, whom I've known since undergrad.|
|These two crack me up! Their costume was "Falling in Love." Get it? Get it? Ah ha ha!|
|Such an attractive couple. ;) (Love you, C!)|
|Cutest condiments ever!|
- Finally gave Warren and Hannah their wedding surprise! (Whoops!)
- Went to church. Felt the spirit and also loved it! Learned about the importance of self-reliance and the gathering of Israel and that God answers prayers. (It's true! He does!)
- Joined the ward choir! Eeep! And no, h*#1 has not frozen over. Those who know me know that I only sing in church choirs when there's a General Authority involved and well, Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is coming to DC next Sunday to dedicate our new chapel in the District, and I really want to go, OK? The last time I was in the choir was when Elder David A. Bednar came about a year and a half ago. (Sorry, Michelle!) It's just that these guys are a big deal to us Mormons. We sustain these men as prophets, seers, and revelators. I know each of them has truly been called of God to help lead us today.
- And last, but certainly not least, I partook in a gorgeous Sunday drive through Rock Creek Park (where I saw a park ranger on horseback), baked the season's first pumpkin choc-chip cookies, and gloried in a Sunday nap. :)
|Can you see the tiny horse?|
Here's to a great week!