Pages

July 09, 2014

He's Back!

Baby Scott!

He's baaaack! My baby brother is back! It's hard to believe it's been two years since we took these photos!

He has returned to us more focused, more spiritual, (the tiniest smidge) more patient (eh, probably not -- ha ha), nearly trilingual (he looooooves speaking Mandarin!), more insightful, more... British?, half Chinese, and a lot more fashion-forward. Apparently, when one spends two years in England, clothes and fashion get bumped up on the life priority list. In his words, "When I got to England and saw what they were wearing (slim-cut dress shirts, slim fit suits, colored chinos...), I looked down at my suit and was disgusted with myself." Don't worry; the shirt I bought him as a welcome home present was slim-cut. (Thanks, J.Crew!)

Baby Scott!

It was really fun to spend 10 days at home with him and the rest of my family. My biggest regret is not eating at a taco truck, and if I suppose if I'm being honest, it's always hard to divide my time evenly among the people I love the most. But overall, it was really a great trip.

I loved seeing the kind of person my brother has become in the last two years, and I'm excited to see him carry the lessons and experiences from his mission into his future endeavors. I'm really just so proud! :)

Welcome home, baby brother!!

Tags

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!! Love when brothers come back :) These pictures all make me so happy :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! And you're blogging again! #doubleyay! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment!