Pages

October 19, 2012

Your Life in Six Words

A few days ago, I was reading through Brittany's blog -- Brittany and I have never met in person, but we're blog buddies. :) -- and I saw her link to Oprah's site... where I arrived at this "Mini-Memoirs" page, and I think it's just brilliant. Your life in six words!

Here are some of my favorites that were on the site:

Ha ha! Kidding.

And so I thought... What would MY "mini memoir" be? And I think when I die, I would want this to be true:


Yándary 
tried to make
a difference.

Or there's always


Yándary 
loved to eat
chocolate-chip cookies.


:)

I also read Brittany's story of running her first 5K, and can I just say how inspiring she is?? This is amazing! Read her story and be inspired, too. Sometimes it's daunting to think of a huge long-term goal (whether in fitness or any area of life), but if you start out with smaller goals, it seems a little more manageable. 

To further inspire you (or not), here are a few photos from my adventure with Stephanie in Rock Creek Park yesterday.

The East Coast is SO FLAT!

Oh, you know. Just communing with nature and stuff.

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I heard about these a few years ago and wrote a few myself: http://mel-bel.blogspot.com/2009/02/for-sale-baby-shoes-never-worn.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, these are great! I LOVE your last one: "Overflowing bookshelf. Nearly empty bank account." Fantastic! I hope that will describe a chapter of my life someday. Well, as long the bookshelf isn't overflowing with textbooks. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment!