Pages

August 08, 2012

Olympics

** To be in the proper mood, please listen to this while you read this post.**

Source

For those of you who maybe have been living under a rock for the past week and a half... The Olympics are here! And they're almost over. :( I love this time every four (or two) years. We all forget about the things that make us different (for two weeks) and focus on what makes us Americans/Britons/Brazilians/insert-your-country-of-choice-here, and ultimately, what brings us together as citizens of the world. After the horrible Aurora shootings, I think we definitely needed something like this... You know, to cheer for gold medalists like Michael Phelps (also known as C-lin's former boyfriend), Ryan Lochte (aka C-lin's current bf), Nathan Adrian (aka, well, see photo below. :D), the FAB FIVE and Bethesda's very own (plus the many, many other AMAZING American athletes I've left off this list). When tragedies strike, it seems we have a tendency to join together and become more unified as a nation (like after 09/11). I love that the Olympics do this, too, but in a way that is completely, 100% positive.

Due to my being being MIA last week, I didn't get to post about when I watched the Olympic Opening Ceremonies with some friends:

Look how great their decorations were! (Props to Alex & company. And thank you for having us over!)
In support of the Games, I wore my British-inspired Miley Cyrus t-shirt, which you sadly can't see.
Massaging is our Olympic sport. :)

And now for some Olympics humor!

Now you're just some countries that I used to own.
 Also, these:


Hee hee (Source.)

Cool Olympic art:

Source

Some funny tweets I saw after the Opening Ceremonies:

  • "If Puerto Rico (and dude, American Samoa... seriously) gets to represent itself in the Olympics, how come DC doesn't? #NeverRepresented"
  • "I think I saw Mitt Romney marching for the Cayman Islands in the Olympics parade." 

A cool post about Olympic Google doodles from my friend Winter (like the season).

AND finally, in case you missed it, THIS was the very BEST part of the Opening Ceremonies!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!