Pages

August 08, 2015

The Bee's Knees Waffles

Bee's Knees Waffles

Have you ever heard of a Hong Kong eggette? Well, I hadn't either. Until I saw Winter & Lee's Facebook post, that is.

Guys, THIS is a Hong Kong eggette:


You want one, fresh strawberries and cool cream, on this hot summer day, friends! Come get one today at the Bountiful Farmers Market and say hi to Lee!
Posted by Bee's Knees Waffles at the Bountiful Farmers Market on Thursday, August 6, 2015


Winter is a dear friend of mine from my favorite college singles ward, and Lee is her husband, who just graduated from culinary school. They have a delicious eggette stand (which, in case you can't tell, an eggette is essentially a delicious, glorified Asian waffle. Winter says it's a Hong Kong street food) at the Bountiful Farmer's Market, and I've been wanting to pay them a visit alllll summer!

Well, this Thursday, I finally did!

Bee's Knees Waffles

And Camille came with me!

Bee's Knees Waffles


Though in full disclosure, she ate at her neighbor's food truck, which I guess is OK, since she's lactose intolerant and couldn't have handled the cream on the delicious eggettes. ;) She says the Braza bowls were delicious, but HOLY MOLY... eggettes!!

I got the chunky monkey with coconut cream. So think of a delicious waffle/crepe, with sliced bananas, drizzled dark chocolate, whipped cream, AND coconut cream! WOW-eee!

If you're anywhere in the area, might I suggest you get thee hence to the Bountiful Farmers Market next Thursday night for a Bee's Knees Waffle? I promise you won't regret it! (Well, unless you're lactose intolerant.) But it might still be worth it!

Oh, and the rest of the farmers market is good, too. ;) There's even an Amish jam and honey stand!! (Totally took me back my favorite East Coast day trip ever.)

PS In totally unrelated news, I wanted to record here for posterity that yesterday, I finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird (how I never had to read it in high school, but I did have to read Heart of Darkness is beyond me). It was such a beautiful book, and I'm dying to discuss it with somebody. Talk to me about it next time you see me, OK? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!