Pages

March 10, 2015

One Last Hangout (#VLInnovators)

One of the projects I've been managing at my job is the VL Innovators Challenge. We wanted to find talented young Latinos with bright ideas and provide them the $$ and the resources to bring their ideas to life. The only two requirements to enter were: 1- the primary applicant had to be a Millennial (18-34 years old), and 2- their project had to use a tech tool to address a problems in the Latino community.

Last week, we announced our seven winners (woot!), and today, I got to moderate my very LAST #VLHangout with some of our winners.




I guess the whole point of this post is that it's hitting me that I'm really leaving DC. Also, that among the many, many things I've learned during my time at VL, I've discovered that I enjoy being on camera. Who'da thought? (So if you're looking for your next on-screen girl for your next... on-screen thing... let me knowʘ‿ʘ)

(Oh, yeah... Hey, guys... I'm moving back to SLC next week... It was a hard decision to make but one that I know 100% is the right decision. But it's still very bittersweet... It's so weird -- as a very indecisive person -- to be SO sure about something! But I'm glad for it!)

Anyway, I've just been reflecting a lot on the opportunities I've had in DC, and I will always, always be grateful for this chapter in my life. These five years in the greatest city in the world mean more to me than I can express, and I'm oh-SO-grateful for the people I've met (the very BEST people!), for everything I've learned, and all I've experienced (the good AND the bad). It was in DC that I became... me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!