Pages

May 01, 2014

It's Always Darkest

it's always darkest before the dawn

I wrote an email to my brother this weekend, and I mentioned my most recent... "romantic" flop. (I have a lot of those. ;) )

It occurred to me that although it IS discouraging to put myself out there so much, only to... FLOP COMPLETELY. Even though it really, really stinks... It's really an act of faith. An act of faith that God keeps His promises. An act of faith that good things will come. An act of faith that there really IS someone out there for me. 



it's always darkest before the dawn

Related:

Last night, I was chatting with a dear friend about some discouraging times and thoughts in her life -- things that I think we've all felt and experienced (Seriously -- who in this great big world is not familiar with discouragement?), and she left my house around 11pm.


(Background: Monday - Wednesday, the weather in the DC area was rain. POURING rain. Flood-warnings-and-me-standing-in-ankle-deep-puddles-at-cross-walks rain.)


I walked downstairs with her, and I had a moment of inspiration! 


I told her to look around at the darkness and to listen to the pouring rain around us. The weather forecast for the next day said, "Sunny and 70 degrees." At that moment, it was hard to imagine, hard to visualize that it could possibly be sunny and 70 the next day, and I told her to remember when she felt the warmth and saw the sun the next day, that "it's always darkest before the dawn." (Or something like that.)


I'm happy to report that today was beautiful, and sunny, and warm (I even went on a bike ride on the Mall!). I can't wait for the day that I no longer have to make a fool out of myself, but I suppose until then, I'll keep flopping... and getting back up. :)



1 comment:

  1. This was beautiful, and a great reminder. Thank you! Today is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment!