Pages

March 29, 2014

Worldwide Sisterhood

via

I'm watching the Worldwide Women's Conference right now.... (I know... Who blogs during Women's Conference?!) But my heart is just so full, and I just really want to be good!

Sister Bonnie Oscarson is speaking, and we just finished singing I am a Child of God together. My heart is full, and I've already cried more than I'd like to admit. My heart is full, because I know and feel how significant, how POWERFUL this gathering is. To think that LDS sisters -- women and girls ages 8 and older -- ALL across the world are gathered TOGETHER to hear guidance from the Lord through our Church leaders is overwhelming. I'm watching the broadcast from my laptop at home, but I feel united with the sisters throughout the world in a way I never have before. I know as women who know who we are (daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us), who are trying as best as we can to be forces for good in the world, we are capable of SO much!

Can you even imagine what Lucifer must be thinking right now? How worried he must be to see such an incredible gathering of righteous women?

I am grateful -- oh, so grateful! -- for the knowledge I have of who I really am. I say it often, but knowing that I am a child of God is truly the most important thing I could ever understand. In the grand scheme of things, the degrees I earn, the job titles I get, the money I may (or may not -- ha!) make won't matter one bit. What will matter is how I treated others and what I did to share my knowledge of eternal truths with them. It will matter what I did to develop Christlike attributes; that others may recognize me as a follower of Christ...

I hereby recommit myself to doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!