Pages

November 19, 2013

Roommates!

I just did a quick headcount, and in the past decade of living in college, intern housing, YSA apartments, etc., I've lived with almost 30 different roommates. And right now, I live with two of the very best! (It used to be three of the very best, until Amanda decided to leeeeave us and move to the other side of the Potomac! *sniff* She's in the photos below anyway, because... Well, because we love her!)

And I just wanted to let you all know how very grateful I am for that. I love living in a place that feels home-y, not because we have designer decor (because we don't), or because we have candles that smell like autumn and a basketful of blankets (which we do), but because...

Because we genuinely care about each other (it's ridiculous. in a good way.), and because we try really hard to make sure the Spirit is in our home. We cook together, eat together, clean together, set goals together, learn about the gospel together, and even pray together at night. Basically, it's the best, and during this time when I'm away from my immediate family and don't yet have a family of my own, I'm grateful to have these wonderful girls in my life. :)

And now, for your viewing pleasure, an assortment of roommate photos:

this is pretty much what happens at our apartment every night.
standing proudly with our Air Force officer, Lieutenant Bills!
honoring our veterans at Arlington Cemetery (photo courtesy of Kathryn)
and then there were three... :'(
group date!
no love for Kathryn. ;) jk! there's always love for everyone! (photo courtesy of Kathryn)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment!