Pages

October 18, 2013

Letting Go (and Faith and Trust and Stuff)

via

For the past 2 years and 10 months, I've had the privilege and great blessing to serve as a Temple Ordinance Worker in the Washington, DC LDS Temple. It has been one of the sacred experiences of my life. But for the past... at least the past three months, I've known, in the pit of my stomach, that I needed to ask to be released.

And I just got off the phone from making that call...

I prayed about it. I got an answer. (It's how prayer works. Ask, and ye shall receive.) But I didn't like the answer. (Hence, the putting it off for three + months thing.) I am so, so sad to not be a temple worker anymore. But it's made me reflect on all the other times in my life that I've asked God for something, and He's given me answer I didn't like, want, or understand.

Like... The time He told me I needed to serve a mission. Or the time He said it was time to apply to grad school, even though when I'd asked Him six months earlier, the answer was a resounding NO. Or, you know, all the times relationships haven't worked out, even though I maybe wanted them to?

BUT. I've learned in my nearly 29 years of life (November 29th, guys!) that God always knows best. I think they call this...  faith, right? They teach us that in order to have faith, you have to experiment on something. So, what I've experimented with is trusting God. And you know what? He's never let me down. Not ever, not even once. I know with all my heart that God hears and answers our prayers. Not always how we want Him to, or how we think He should, but He answers. And He always gives us the best answer. The right answer. And as long as we listen to the answers He gives us, everything will be OK.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment!