The result was a beautiful loaf of soft, delicious homemade bread! (I'm still in shock.)
recipe by ME!
2 t yeast
1 ¼ c. warm milk
¼ c honey/agave
¼ c olive oil
2 ¼ c flour
½ c wheat bran
1 t sea salt/kosher salt
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add honey and oil. Let rest 5-10 minutes (or until foamy).
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, wheat bran, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the yeast mixture and mix until everything is combined and your dough forms. Mix well (use your hands) and knead for 5-10 minutes.
- Form dough into a ball and place in an oiled bowl. Cover the bowl and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and need for another 5-10 minutes. Form into a loaf and place into a greased loaf pan. Cover and let rise 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes! The bread should be a light golden brown. Feel free to adjust the time, per the quirks of your oven. (The recipes I looked at said to leave the bread in for 30 minutes, but our oven is overeager and the bread was ready after 21 minutes or so.)
- *IMPORTANT* Carefully remove the loaf from the pan (so the outside of the bread won't continue to cook. Also, don't burn yo'self!) and let the loaf COOL completely (so the inside of the bread DOES continue to cook; that's the important part!) before slicing.
- Enjoy! :)