Pages

July 19, 2013

Goodbye, Clarissa

Na na na na naaaa! Na na na na na NA! (are you singing it in your head, too?) (via)

I've decided to give up any and all Hulu/Amazon Prime/etc.-type "TV" watching from now until I finish my Master's degree. It's become way too easy being home all day to just sneak in "one" episode of something here and there, and all of a sudden, my brain is rotting and my work is undone. 

I haven't watched TV consistently for over a decade, and for some reason over the past year, I've felt the "need" to keep up with certain popular shows. (All the cool kids are doing it.) It's summer, and there ARE no new shows (trust me, this would be much harder if "The Mindy Project" was on right now), but there's the tasty allure of OLD shows (or of doing anything besides what you really NEED to do?). Like... did you know that "Clarissa Explains It All" is available FOR FREE on Amazon Prime?? I know. I'm ridiculous. I squealed out loud when I saw that one. And for when you finish that, all seven seasons of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" are also on there. (And yes, I'm aware of how ridiculous this all makes me sound. But honestly, the peak of Melissa Joan Hart's career was probably the last time I was a big TV watcher, so I guess I'm just picking up where I left off, question mark?) Oh, and lest you think I'm a 12-year old girl stuck in the '90's, I DID recently finish the first three seasons of "Arrested Development." (I don't have Netflix -- or time -- so Season 4 will have to wait.)

Between my general procrastination and the sickness of this week, I've partaken of waaayyy too much TV-ing this week, and with so much to do to wrap up four classes in a very, very limited number of weeks, I've gotta get rid of unnecessary junk. So even though I JUST discovered Clarissa last night (tear), it'll be autumn at least before I get to relive my Nickelodeon chidlhood. Peace out, Hulu. See ya later, Amazon Prime. And hello, work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!