Pages

April 25, 2013

Feed A Cold, Starve A Fever (But When You're on the Mend, Give it Some KFC, mmmK?)

I've been sick all. week. As in... Fever/cough/sore throat/congestion/etc, in mah bed, eating chicken soup (So long, Vegetarian April...), drinking tea, heavily medicating, not leaving the house for anything except class (and registering for ballet yesterday?), basically sleeping for four days straight... sick.

But tonight? Tonight my roommate ordered pizza! And suddenly, I was hungry! I wanted pizza, too! So my friend Myles drove me to Little Caesar's.... but it was closed. :( And I got KFC as a back-up (and for good measure, I picked up a Digiorno's for tomorrow), and I completely DE-molished the entire meal! My first non-soup meal all week!! Hallelujah, and choirs of angels and such!!

Now I don't know what it says about me that the second my body starts fighting illness, I crave junk food (pizza and fried chicken aren't exactly the world's healthiest meals), but I'll take it! (Also, I think my body was trying to say, "Who are you kidding? You're no vegetarian!)


And that is how I knew that after four days (FOUR. freaking. days.), I am finally on the mend. Here's hoping the underwater feeling goes away and I get the hearing back in my left ear tomorrow! :)



1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! So glad you're feeling a bit better! And don't worry, your body was probably just wanting whatever packed the most caloric punch after a week of broth ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment!