Pages

April 29, 2013

Chocolate-Chip White Bean Blondies

Lately, I've been getting a kick out of finding "healthy" versions of familiar recipes. Finding ways to sneak extra veggies or healthy ingredients into my meals is just so thrilling to me, for some reason! It's to the point that sometimes, I wish I had kids just so I could "trick" them into eating healthy things! (Though if they're my kids, they'll probably enjoy healthy things to begin with.) For now, I'll continue to get a kick out of tricking my roommate Whitney (whose face alone was worth a million dollars the time I told her I used wheat flour to make the chocolate-cookies. Heh heh! There was also that time Whit, her brother, and I had dinner at home, and I didn't tell them that I snuck carrot puree into the pasta sauce. (Don't worr it's actually really delicious!) Hee hee!)

Here's my latest "healthy" (or at least "healtier") experiment chocolate-chip blondies made with BEANS! Yep! Beans! Don't worry. These were yummy, too! (If you don't believe me, Stephanie and Brynn can vouch for this!)

Chocolate-Chip White Bean Blondies
(modified from here)
Yummy!
INGREDIENTS

1 15.5 oz. can of white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 eggs
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
2 1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. + 2T brown sugar
1/2 c. flour (I used white, bc that's all I had, but I bet wheat would work, too!)
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (I maybe added a few extra on top!)

DIRECTIONS

1- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9x9 inch brownie pan (or whatever pan you want to use).

2- In a blender (or food processor, if you have it), blend all ingredients together (except the choc-chips!) until smooth.

3- Mix in the chocolate-chips by hand.

4- Taste test the batter. Feel free to add a little more sugar if you'd like. )

5- Pour batter into pan and bake for 20-30 minutes (mine were done after 20, but maybe your oven is different).

6- Let cool in pan before cutting.

7- Serve with milk, and enjoy! Tastes just like a chocolate-chip cookie!

8- Relish the thought of fooling your loved ones by feeding them treats that are both healthy AND delicious! Laugh inside. (I promise if you don't know these are made with beans, you won't be able to tell the difference!)

what they look like while baking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!