Pages

January 28, 2013

Weekend Recap

I had a lovely and refreshing weekend.

On Thursday (OK, so technically this isn't part of the "weekend," BUT it involves hot chocolate, so....), I discovered that Open City has a $1 Hot Chocolate Happy Hour, M-F, 2-5pm!! $1!!


Mmmmmm.....

Friday night, I went to the GSPM "Welcome Back" reception, after which I... asked the wrong question and ended up in a very... lively... political/religious/gender-y conversation with Jenn, Kyle, and Steph. (Ironically, debating politics/gender roles/religion isn't exactly my favorite way to pass the time, but I love these guys, and I always learn something from them so... you know.)

Please note the snow on George's head. (Also, my sweet new BR blazer that I thrifted for $7!)

On Saturday, I experienced the MOTHER-OF-ALL-ROAD-RAGES at Costco. (Holy moly, that place was NUTS! I'm never going back on a Saturday. EVER! In fact, I may never shop at Costco again after that insanity!) Somehow, I ended up spending millions of dollars and filling up my entire back seat!

I couldn't capture my face + the entirety of my car, but trust me, it was FULL!

Saturday night, I went to a birthday party and had some girl-bonding/nail-painting time.

Sunday was just lovely. I managed to wake up at a good hour, get ready, prepare dough for rolls, AND somehow be EARLY to church! (Early?? Me? Who am I??)

The highlight of Sunday has to have been Cesar's baptism after church, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, because seeing the faith and conviction of our new converts really helps to strengthen my own testimony of the gospel. (And it warmed my heart to see SO many people there to support Cesar!) Attending baptisms reminds me of my own time as a full-time missionary and of how much I loved the people I taught. Just yesterday, I caught up over the phone with the first family I ever taught, and honestly, my dear Oakland-ites will have a place in my heart forever. The final reason that I loved attending Cesar's baptism today is because my brother had his own first baptism of a family he has taught yesterday, and shoot, I missed him a lot this weekend, and attending a baptism in my own ward helped me to feel a small part of the joy that he must have felt yesterday seeing people he has grown to love make sacred covenants with Heavenly Father. One of the family members (a twelve-year old girl) had asked my brother to perform her baptism, and I'm really excited to find out how it went. :)

To cap off a very spiritual and missionary-filled Sunday, we had the elders over for dinner at our home. They invited us to use the internet to share the gospel this week and promised us that we would have an opportunity to bear testimony if we did so. I'm excited to test out their promise and to hopefully share some good experiences on this here blog when I do. :)

1 comment:

  1. How special about your brother having a baptism the same day that you attended one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment!