Pages

December 06, 2012

Why We Shouldn't Plan Dates

We got to see each other twice in one week! Yeah! :)

OK, first of all, I just want to say that I had SUCH a great birthday! I felt so much love from family and friends, and I feel truly blessed. :) Secondly, I've been too busy to blog much lately, BUT I finally have photos from my birthday party (courtesy of my beautiful, talented friend Janan) and will definitely make time for a party photo post this coming week!

Thirdly, this e-mail exchange is brought to you by two of the most awesome former roomies a girl could possibly ask for as we tried to settle on where to eat for my roomie birthday dinner. It explains quite clearly why we SHOULDN'T be the ones planning dates. Are you ready to roll your eyes in frustration? Here goes.


From: YZ
To: EH, EJ
Re: places to eat

Restaurants that I know of in the general 2020 K St area:

- Baja Fresh (you know... that burrito place)
- Panda Cafe DC (Chinese) http://www.pandacafedc.com/menu.html
- Crepeaway (crepes!) http://www.crepeaway.com/
- Bobby's Burger Palace (except I'm not much feeling like burgers, so I don't know why I just included this...)

Any other suggestions? Latin food sounds good to me right now. How do you girls feel about Baja? :)

From: YZ
To: EH, EJ
Re: places to eat

I mean... I know it's TECHNICALLY not Latin food. It's all Americanized and whatnot, but the only other Latin place I could find in the general 2020 K St area was this Peruvian restaurant:

Feedback, please? 

PS Sorry for the spam!

From: EJ
To: YZ, EH
Re: places to eat
Crepeaway= not that good.

I had moe's for lunch so i'm not really feeling a burrito... but if that becomes the final decision, I will live. Obviously.

I actually really like the sound of panda cafe. Or anything asian.  There's also nooshi, which is a good thai placehttp://www.nooshidc.com/menus.html

and there's always the Whole Foods pay-per-pound bar.  It's expensive-ish but usually pretty good.
but in the end, i will eat anywhere.  It's the company that matters!

From: YZ
To: EJ
Re: places to eat

What is Moe's? You know I need to cook more when I'm craving Latin food! (Because craving Latin food means I haven't cooked any...)

From: EH
To: EJ, YZ
Panda cafe it is!  5:30? 

Can't wait. 

From: YZ
To: EH, EJ
Any places that have Latin AND Asian? :)

From: YZ
To: EH, EJ
OK. Let's do the Chinese. :) See you girls at 5:30.

From: EH
To: YZ, EJ
I'm game for Latin!

From: EH
To: YZ, EJ
It's your birthday after all!  Let's do http://elchalandc.com/menu, 5:30.  Whatever you top-pick is, that's where we'll go!!!

From: YZ
To: EH, EJ
OR to please all palates, what if we met at the International Square Food Court at 18th and K?
:)

From: YZ
To: EH, EJ
Oh, my gosh. This is why I should never plan dates! Ha ha.

From: EH
To: YZ, EJ
HA!  Totally.

I vote this place, that way we can spend more time together http://elchalandc.com/menu. =)   Plus I think it sounds cool.   Any objections?

--Em

From: EJ
To: EH, YZ
I feel like the llama in Emperor's New Groove. "cheese me no-likey".  But can we go anywhere but that Peruvian place.... baja? panda? International square?

From: EH
To: YZ, EJ
HA!  No problem.  Let's make it international square. =) 

From: EJ
To: EH, YZ
Perfect. Then we can burritos AND orange chicken...

From: YZ
To: EJ, EH

Will you all hate me if I vote back for Liz's original Panda Cafe option? :)

Suddenly, orange chicken sounds delicious. 

PS I LOVE YOU BOTH!! And think you're wonderful and lovely and patient.... :)

From: EJ
To: EH, YZ
ago)
I haven't laughed this hard at work in... well, ever.  Haha i'm totally fine with changing it back.  Poor Em. She was an innocent bystander the whole time...

From: EH
To: EJ, YZ

ahhhahhahhahahhaha!   I think this e-mail chain should go on a blog:  "perfect examples of why men can never understand women"   I love it so much!  =) 

Panda it is!

--Em

And this is why we shouldn't be the ones planning the dates! And Em, here you go. On a blog. I hope this was as entertaining for elseone as it was for us. :)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment!