Pages

August 29, 2012

Shop Before You Shop

It's been a while since I posted any more shopping advice, so I've compiled a few slides, which I've entitled "Shop Before You Shop." Shop ONLINE before you shop IN THE STORE, that is.

When I go to a store, I usually have a few pieces in mind that I'd like to look for. I don't always set out with a goal in mind, because let's be honest -- I can't really afford to do that, and sometimes, it's fun to just sort of wander and look. But in the off-chance that I might find something I've been REALLY wanting, I like to look online first. 

The benefit to looking online for what you want is that you get an idea for how much an item should cost. This helps you recognize when you find an AMAZING sale in the store OR when an item just costs way more than it should and you're better off buying it online. Sometimes, when I see something online, I may not find that exact item in the store, but I might come across something very similar, and shoot, it may even be cheaper than the item I saw online! :)

I went a little overboard creating these images, but well, whatever. Below, a few jewelry pieces I've recently admired (Links are provided for each image, but not necessarily for where to BUY each item. Sorry. For this exercise, I was more interested in what was out there, not in where to get it.):
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 (DIY) / 6 / 7
A few more:

8 / 9 / 10 / 11 (F21 version) / 12 / 13 / 14

I've also been wanting a gold cuff bracelet for ages now, but I can't quite afford what I want. But because I've been "shopping" online, I'll be able to recognize a good deal when I see one in person -- and hopefully I'll be able to afford it by then! ;)
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Annnnd just for fun, I made a collage of pretty hairs I want to wear. I know #3 is a hat, but dangitt, I want to know how they keep slouchy knit caps on their head without them falling off!
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

1 comment:

  1. There was a girl at church on Sunday wearing #6 and I may have coveted it just a little bit! $35 plus $5 shipping though is more than I'm willing to spend. Let me know if you find a cheaper version!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment!