Pages

May 05, 2012

Damsel in Distress

This is a ridiculous story (not unlike most of my stories) about how I (the damsel) became distressed yesterday and then was no longer distressed.

Not being employed full-time stinks sometimes, but it does have its benefits. One benefit is that you have time to do things you've been meaning to do for a while... like go RUNNING! Oh, running! How I have missed you! So yesterday, I ate breakfast, did some work, and went running. My plan was: I'll run, shower, eat lunch, do some homeworks, and have a productive afternoon. Done deal.

So I grabbed my house key, my iPhone, my chapstick, and my armband thingie, and I went running.

I caught up with this little friend:


and I ran on this road:


 then I crossed a bridge over this creek:



And then my foot hurt like unto when a blister is forming. So I stopped to check, and sure enough: blister! But I was 1.5 miles from home, and I really wanted to keep running! So being the smart girl that I am, I wrapped a leaf around my foot, put my sock and shoe back on, and kept running.

3/4 of a mile later, I had quite the blister on my hands (actually, on my foot) and couldn't really run anymore. I took off my shoe and walked the rest of the way home (barefoot, in the snow, uphill both ways. Note: hyperbole).

When I finally got home, I realized I'd LOST MY KEY (and my chapstick!) somewhere in Rock Creek Park! And it was the middle of the day, and I was thirsty and hungry, and my foot hurt. And none of my neighbors or friends were home (I knocked AND called). And then it occurred to me that... Seth lives just across the way!

Now, Seth is a new friend. Not an old, gray-haired friend who is used to my ridiculous stories and crazy adventures. But what was I to do, thirsty and famished and wounded as I was? (Again: hyperbole.) 

I called Seth. And he came over, and he rescued me! (ie- He brought me water and bandaids.) No, but seriously, he saved me!  



Two hours later, my roommate got off work and gave me her key so I could get inside our house.

And that is the story of how yesterday I was distressed, and then... I wasn't. Thank you, Liz and Seth! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!