Pages

February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day + Blogs I Like to Read

Today was Valentine's Day. It was a pretty good day, albeit CUH-RAY-ZEE busy! I had a 10-page paper due today that I am happy to announce I finally finished! Here's hoping for a good grade on it. I also enjoyed a splendid Valentine's lunch with Stephanie and Caitlin at the Well-Dressed Burrito. It's this hole-in-the-wall place in a back alley in Dupont Circle. (No, really. It's in an alley, and you have to go in through an unmarked side door...) We didn't take any pictures (why, girls, why??), but we had a good time. I will say, though, that I've been a little let down with this place. Usually, the hole-in-the-wall joints have the best food, but this one... meh. I'll take Chipotle or Baja, please. And what I really mean by that is... Adorable little ladies of Oakland who fed me real Mexican food, where art thou?? And why doesn't DC have taco trucks on every corner? Tell me this!

In other news.... I'm officially a blogger for Voto Latino! Here is the link to my very first article!

Unrelated: in celebration of Valentine's Day, I'll share this adorable video from The Girls With Glasses with all y'all. I just love their style and their little videos. Part of why I liked this one is because Danny and Mara Kofoed are in it. I've been following their blog for a couple of months now, and I have to tell you, it's pretty great. But this little video was kinda crazy, because woah! Multiple bloggers that I love interacting! Worlds colliding! And shoot, why in the world can't I look that good with a head scarf casually tied around my hair?? So not fair.

While I'm telling you about all of this, let me share with you some of my other favorite blogs. Caitlin and I have a favorite of favorites one: Nat the Fat Rat. If you've never read her blog, check it out here. She'll be your new bff. (Or at least you'll feel like she is, y'creeper!) I also like Rockstar Diaries, and I occasionally peruse A Beautiful Mess. Oh, and if you ever need a good laugh, this one is hilarious!

***PS I meant to post this yesterday (ON Valentine's Day), but apparently I hit "Save" instead of "Publish?" Whoops! I'm happy to report that I got that 10-pager back, and... I got an A!! It's a miracle!! And serious proof that God loves me, because I started the paper at midnight the night before. (Shhh! It's a secret!)

To make up for the belatedness, here is an amazing link Caitlin sent me yesterday of "DC Valentines." Trust me when I say you want to click on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!