Pages

February 06, 2012

Bullet Points

The truth is... I don't have time to form cohesive thoughts into one post, so... I'll share a few things with you in bullet points:

  • This may or may not add value to your week, but... I'm in an egg phase. (I like mine over medium right now.) This makes me sad, because it probably means that in a week or two, I wont' be able to even look at an egg. Do you ever go through food phases? I do. But then I get sick of that particular food and can't eat again for a while. It's been months  since I could eat a sandwich or had any desire for one...
  • My baby brother was ordained an elder yesterday. He's preparing to serve a two-year mission for our church, and I'm so proud of him! I hope he sees the potential I see in him. He'll be the second one to serve; I was the first (see picture below)! I keep telling him how lucky he is to have me in his life to set the way and such. Wouldn't you agree? (Kidding!) 

Me, in my missionary days, overlooking the Bay area from the
balcony of the Oakland Temple

  • I find it terribly ironic/frustrating that I spent 18 months studying, reading, and re-reading the 8th chapter of "Preach My Gospel" on my mission. (It's entitled "How to Use Time Wisely.") I have yet to master this, and that makes me sad (and often, quite tired).
  • I have my car back, and I'm SO grateful for it! I say a prayer of gratitude for it every day.
  • I learned this week (twice) that when in doubt... Listen to your mom. Had I listened to my mother about a couple of things this week, I would have saved my self needless trouble and heartache.
  • Sometimes, it's hard to be a Mormon Democrat. But what do you do when you know you're not a Republican? I wish there were a viable third option. Or that "independent" actually meant something. Blasted two-party system...
  • Decisions are hard. The only one that ever came clearly to me (as in, 100% crystal) was serving a mission. I'm in a decision-making phase right now, and, dangitt, it's hard.
  • When making decisions, I process, evaluate, research, gather information (mostly through discussing with Mom, Dad, friends, and relevant peoples), read the scriptures, and pray. This is a beautiful talk on prayer that also happens to be this month's First Presidency message. Reading it made me feel overwhelming gratitude for a Father in Heaven who is aware of my need and who always, always, 100% always answers my prayers.
Those are all the rambling thoughts I can muster right now. Happy start of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!