Pages

August 22, 2014

#100daysleft

Today marks the first of the last 100 days of my 20s.

As you can imagine, I have a lot of thoughts in my head. I vacillate between these:

keepcalm
1 | 2

But mostly, I feel like this:

via

I feel excited to live up these last 100 days before starting a whole new chapter of my life. Of course, I don't anticipate any crazy changes from November 29th to November 30th, but I'm excited to think of what my 30s will bring!

In my 20s, I've earned Bachelor's degree and gone to grad school. I've seen more of the country and the world than I did in my first two decades combined (though still not enough!). I've fallen in love -- and back out of love. I've set goals, and I've achieved them. I've set goals, and I've failed. I've made lifelong friends and kept up with old friends. I mastered the art of chocolate-chip cookie baking and learned how to make bread. I've gotten my hopes up, only to have them dashed to pieces. I've served a mission and experienced my testimony become... something tangible, the thing that continues to sustain me through life's troubles. I've gotten to know God and Jesus Christ personally, and I've gained the sure, doubtless knowledge that the Atonement was real. (This is probably my greatest life achievement so far, and I know this knowledge will serve me the rest of my life.) I've grown personally and professionally and shattered boundaries nobody in my family had before. In my 20s, I became me. Truly, I've been blessed in this last decade, and I think this decade, more than the two before it has shaped and impacted my life, mostly for the better.

In my 30s, I hope to continue my personal and professional growth. I want to love others, and I want to fall in loveMy greatest desire for this next decade is to marry and start my own family. I want to get out of debt. To travel and see the world! Read good books and buy a home. Start my own company. (Not sure what kind of company just yet, but I want to set myself up to have the flexibility to work on my own time.)  To be healthy and happy and to have enough money to help my family. And I want to keep learning and to save $$ and to do good in the world.

But for now, I'm going to live up my last days as a 29-year old. :) Cheers to my 20s and to having just #100daysleft!

2 comments:

  1. Thirty, flirty, and thriving! (I hope you've seen "13 Going on 30"...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have, and it was fantastic! ;) Hannah, you need to start a blog so A- I can stalk your life in the Middle East, B- so I can see pictures of Meg! Miss you! xo

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment!