Pages

February 03, 2014

I want to be over the weather

This weekend, I've felt a little... under the weather. So naturally, I want to be the opposite (which is OVER the weather, right?), and hopefully I will be by tomorrow, because I've got a lot of work ahead of me this week! In the meantime, here's what I did this weekend:

1- Sleeeeeep. I slept SO much this weekend. I even went to bed around 10:30 every night this weekend and slept 8 + hours each night. That NEVER happens, even on weekdays, let alone on a weekend... It was much-needed. And in fact, I slept so much, I woke up early enough to see the sunrise on Saturday morning...



2- Drink tea. I drink tea when I'm sick, and I decided this weekend that if I was gonna be drinking "sick tea," I should at least be doing it out of a pretty cup. So when I went to Target to buy medicine, I also brought home this little friend for my tea:



3- Watched Despicable Me 2. It was adorable! And a pretty entertaining way to spend a Saturday sick night in.



4- Celebrated my boss's birthday! My awesome boss turned 40 on Friday, and her husband organized a surprise party for her at the end of the workday on Friday. They are the cutest!




5- Kicked off our Girl Group! My friend Caitlin and I have been wanting to start a women's mentoring group for ages. We invited three of our friends to join us, and we had our first meeting this week! The group is modeled a lot after the Hot Mommas Project's "guerilla mentoring," and the premise is to each pick a goal to work on and serve as each other's support as we work to achieve that goal. We'll meet once a month to share our goal(s) and provide each other with encouraging words and constructive feedback. I'm really excited!

6- Went to church. (But really only for Sacrament meeting... I wasn't feeling well enough to stay for all three hours.)

7- Celebrated my amazing friend Erika's one-year baptism anniversary! Erika is so wonderful, and I'm so happy for her on reaching this milestone. She will go through the temple for the very first time in two weeks, and I'm so excited to be there with her for that! My roommate Jackie and I went with Erika to purchase some of the things she'll need for this next step, and we had a little dinner at Erika's home tonight to celebrate her. Alas, again because of the being sick thing, I only popped in for about 30 minutes, and then I went home to get back in my bed. (If you're not seeing the pattern, I basically spent a lot of time in bed this weekend.)

Here's hoping for A- a snow day tomorrow (pleeeease???), B- health, C- a lot of productivity this week! Hope your week is productive, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!