Pages

October 31, 2012

Grateful + God's Plan

Through a miracle -- and the goodness and grace of God -- Hurricane Sandy (or Superstorm Sandy, technically) passed over us and left very minimal damage in my neighborhood. We were temporally prepared for it, and we were even ready to be out of power for the rest of the week. Yet somehow, our neighborhood (which is actually notorious for being the first place to lose power in our area -- made it through unscathed and without any loss of electricity. I cannot express my gratitude at being safe, and warm, and not without power. Truly, God is good.

My thoughts and prayers are extended tonight to those who are still suffering from the effects of the storm -- those without power, those who suffered storm-related damage or injuries, and most poignantly, to the families and loved ones of those who lost their lives. (This includes the close family friends of my GSPM friend Nicole, whose BFF's dad lost his life last night due to a falling tree.)

Sandy has made me reflect on the fleetingness (is that a word?) of this life. I feel grateful to know there is a purpose to our earth lives, and there IS life after death. These things I know to be true. The simplicity of God's plan sometimes blows me away. You can watch a short, but powerful, summary here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!